Call for trainers - Advocacy training
Youth For Understanding and Young European Federalists Europe (JEF Europe) are looking for 4 (four) trainers to facilitate a 7-day Training For Trainers and Mentors, in the framework of the “Road to the Future” project, to be held in Werbellinsee, Germany (close to Berlin). The group will include a total of 39 young leaders from 13 different countries across Europe. Date: 22-29 June 2019
ABOUT THE PROJECT
Building on a strong coalition of youth-led and volunteer-led civil society organisations and a network of political stakeholders and regional authorities, the project “Road to the Future” is designed to encourage and strengthen European-oriented youth participation for a specific democratic milestone, the European Parliament Elections 2019 and in the longer term for the future of Europe. The project is a joint partnership among 14 partner organizations and networks, from all across Europe.
The initiative is built in two phases:
The lead-up to the European Parliament elections 2019 and their follow-up.
The main aims are to:
1. Encourage debate among young Europeans about the European Elections 2019 and increase young voters’ turnout.
2. Develop strategies and organize advocacy actions for the implementation of the New Narrative for Europe using the ideas collected during the phase leading to the EP elections, both at the local and European level with parliamentarians and newly elected MEPs.
ABOUT THE TRAINING COURSE
The training for trainers and mentors will involve 39 participants (youth activists, youth workers, youth leaders) who will be trained to be able to organise local advocacy campaigns and events, promoting the “New Narrative for Europe” and local trainings for European oriented youth. It will be based on the tools previously created and will focus notably on the online dimension to ensure a strong uptake of the online platform at this stage.
The participants will come from the different partner organisations and their local members and will be selected according to gender balance, country balance, and their motivation and capacity to organise further local training and activities event.
The event will be organised in parallel to the high visibility large scale event (YES 2019) to ensure a maximum impact both on the youth workers and on the participants of the large scale event.
DATES OF THE TRAINING
22-29 June 2019
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICANT TRAINERS
- Ability to develop an educational approach based on the principles and values of non-formal education;
- Ability to transfer knowledge and values related to the activity to the group of learners;
- Have knowledge and experience on topics covered by the training;
- Ability to collaborate and work in a multicultural team;
- Ability to respect deadlines;
- Ability to clearly express thoughts, feelings and emotions;
- Sensitivity to diversity;
- Ability to deal constructively with disagreements;
- Ability to create an inspiring and safe learning environment;
- Ability to stimulate active participation by motivating and empowering learners;
- Proficient user of English language, both in written and spoken English.
HOW TO APPLY
If interested, please send your CV and Motivation Letter to Andreea at email@example.com.
Please include “Training Course for Trainers and Mentors - Road to the Future” in the Subject title.
13th of May 2019